Are You Saved?
God’s will is this...
Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the
truth. (I Timothy 2:4) (Notice there are two parts to his will, the first part we
will note at this time. The second at the end)
Three questions one may ask...
Part I (Will have all men to be saved)
1.Why do I need to be saved?
It’s an issue of something that’s lacking in mankind and yes this includes you too.
What each and everyone lack is righteousness, God’s righteousness.
10. As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
11. There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
12. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable;
there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
Seems hopeless; what can anyone do? According to these verses nothing,
no work of man is up to God’s approval and standard. Even when God created
a people of his own the “Nation of Israel”. He gave them the law so that they
would understand his righteousness but they failed. Read on...
21. But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being
witnessed by the law and the prophets;
22. Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all
and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
Wow! you know, it can’t get much better than this. Because of the faithfulness
of Christ, God was able to do a work in him. And guess what it meets his
standard of perfection.
2. How can we be saved?
It’s an issue of belief or faith. Christ did a work for all mankind at the cross. Man
is incapable of doing any work to save himself, but is capable of believing. Faith
or believing is not a work notice the wording in Romans 4:5.
3. For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted
unto him for righteousness.
4. Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
5. But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly
his faith is counted for righteousness.
Notice Abraham had righteousness counted unto him, not his righteousness but God’s
righteousness. What activated that transaction was faith,” taking God at his word”. It is also
true for everyone today in the age of grace.
23. Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him;
24. But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus
our Lord from the dead;
25. Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.
The gospel (the good news) of our salvation is called the:” Gospel of the Grace of God”
and here it is...
I Corinthians 15:1-4
1. Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also
ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
2. By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye
have believed in vain.
3. I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins
according to the scriptures;
4.And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
The issue is Christ’s death, burial and resurrection. Our sin was imputed to him
(II Corinthians 5:21) at the cross so that when anyone believes that fact, God will impute his
righteousness in return. God’s holy righteous standard was met at the cross. Praise God!
24. Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
25. Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his
righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
3.Saved from what?
Everyone is born into this world spiritually dead. God views mankind as in Adam
read (Romans 5:10-21) and in Adam all are dead spiritually. There is also the issue of
separation from God and experiencing the second death. It is truly a matter of life and death.
1. And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
20. I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life
which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself
I Corinthians 1:18-21
18. For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are
saved it is the power of God.
19. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the
understanding of the prudent.
20. Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not
God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
21. For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God
by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
11. And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the
heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and
another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those
things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead
which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
So how about it, are you saved? If you were to stand before God; on what basis should God
permit you into heaven? Because you attended church? Was a good and decent person? Or
you might be someone; who feels their life has been a complete and utter failure. Sin and the
cares of this world have been major part of your every day existence. Whatever the case may
be, you qualify for God’s Grace and acceptance in Christ. It’s clear no one can have eternal life
outside of being in Christ. God in Christ has done a marvelous and wonderful work; salvation
is available unto all and upon all who believe. (Romans 3:22).We stated at the beginning God’s
will is that all men be saved, and come unto the knowledge of the truth according to (I Timothy 2:4)
Part II (The knowledge of the truth)
This is God’s will for anyone after salvation. God has provided for mankind his
wonderful word which he has preserved down through time (Psalms 12:6, 7).
We can come unto the knowledge of the truth; it is possible in light of studying
(not just a casual reading) God’s word rightly divided.
II Timothy 2:15
15. Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed,
rightly dividing the word of truth.
It is the word of truth rightly divided that brings you unto the knowledge of the truth.
Note the effect of God’s word in different areas of the believers walk.
II Timothy 3:16, 17
16. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof,
for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17.That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
There is much more to say on the subject of salvation, study of the word, and the
grace of God. But suffice it is to say, if you believe that Christ died for your sins,
was buried and rose again you will have a complete and full salvation. This site
has been set up for the purpose seeing the lost saved and the edification of saints,
(The Body of Christ). We hope in the future to add more to our site and make it
beneficial to all who visit. Also we would encourage everyone to visit the various
sites on the grace links page. We believe you will find them to be profitable. You
may even find there is grace believers living near you and want to fellowship. May
the Lord receive all the glory and honour.